Monday, June 27, 2011

Dish of the Day



I started the lengthy process of making Julia Child's Beef Bourguignon on Saturday at 8pm. Big Mistake! It was after midnight and my stew was still cooking away in the oven. What was I thinking!


Well, I decided to modify the recipe and opted out of straining of the meat and reducing the sauce. I just cooled it down and stuck it in the fridge to be completed another day.


Today was the day. I woke up this morning and prepared the onions and mushrooms. Heated the beef and sauce, skimming as much fat off as possible. Added the onion and mushroom mix and it turned out the same as I've always made it. Phew!


Hoping to serve with some crusty bread tonight instead of my regular Gruyere Scalloped Potatoes. I don't feel like cooking any more today.


No comments:

Post a Comment