Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Eat St



I've caught a few episodes of the Food Network's latest additions to their TV lineup which features food trucks as you've never experienced them before.  The food dedicated network has taken an interest in the world of food-on-the-go with emergence of shows like The Great Food Truck Race and Eat St. as they follow the most popular food trucks around North America.

Today's fast food rides are drawing attention with their culinary creations using fresh ingredients and an impressive menu with a twist on the ordinary, such as mobile wood-fired pizzas, wasabi-crusted ice cream and spicy, chocolate cookies.  These food trucks are worthy of a road trip to try their feast-worthy fare.

Three food trucks in particular caught my attention and I just might be able to check them all out this year:


1) Tacofino - Tofino, BC
 
As stated on their Facebook page their "menu consists of California-Baja style cooking with international influences" and everything that was featured in the Eat St. episode looked amazing!  The entire menu looks so appetizing!  Tofino is a ways out for me from Vancouver, but their Facebook page says "coming to Vancouver soon!" so I will definitely make a day of it, come their arrival!

Items I want to try:  Fish tacos, Tuna Ta-Taco (play on tuna tataki), tortilla soup and spicy, chocolate Diablo cookies



2) Big Gay Ice Cream Truck - New York, New York 

Though the name is enough to make me want to check them out, but if anyone knows me one would know that I love me some goooood soft-serve ice cream (hard to find in Vancouver).  So when I saw a food truck dedicated to serving up soft-serve ice cream in new and unique ways, my eyes drooled (or maybe they were tears of joy!).  And since I am going to be in New York in August, this is definitely on my list of places to visit!

Items I want to try:  Everything!


3) Veraci Pizza - Seattle, WA

Mobile wood-fired oven, Neopolitan pizzas, thin and crispy crusts!  Yes, please!  These pizzas looked amazing on the screen with few, but fresh ingredients, allowing the true flavours of ingredients to speak for themselves.  The crust looks perfectly crispy and chewy like my favourite New York pizzas.  And customers were lining up by the dozens, some claiming that this was the "best pizza in the world!".  Wow!  I need to try this pizza, stat!


Items I want to try: Traditional Margherita and the Tuscan

No comments:

Post a Comment