Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Eating Crab Leftovers for Breakfast...a Really Bad Idea.

I am trying to get back on the South Beach diet but my laziness to go grocery shopping is really making it difficult.  Breakfasts are considerably challenging as most people eat some sort of carb in the mornings.  I was doing quite well with egg whites last week but then I ran out.

I rummaged through the fridge for some kind of protein and came across some leftover crab meat that I didn't finish from last week's salad.  There were quite a few pieces of chunky pincer meat left so I happily doused them with cider vinegar and a little garlic (there goes the Asian in me again) and gobbled them up.  Kinda weird, and maybe a little gross for breakfast, but I was starving!

The day carried on normally.  Well, sort of.  My parents and niece came over for a visit and my hubby was home sick, so a bit busier of a morning than normal.  I had to drive hubby over the the local medical clinic and was almost out the door when I felt a funny rumble in my tummy.  

No worries, a little morning tummy aches is normal.  Nope, not normal at all.  I quickly dropped him off at the clinic and rushed back home to the comfort of my own bathroom.  And that's when it all started....

Projectile vomitting with such fervor, I was heaving on my tip-toes to get it all out.  One right after the other, non-stop.  But it did finally stop and I cleaned myself up and picked-up the hubby, still feeling a bit off, but empty.  Thank goodness.

Oh, but I was so wrong.  Seconds after he got in the car I was racing past the traffic light as I knew I wasn't going to make it home.  I quickly pulled into a side street, flew out the car and hacked at the side of the road.  Again, and again and then some.  The taste of my omega-3 pills coming up was enough to keep the heaving going.  I begged hubby to find something in the car to take the revolting taste away.  Thank goodness for the lone granola bar in the console.  I happily munched away while I was shakily drove home. 

We were greeted by 2 rambunctious toddlers running about the house.  Oh man.

I am so thankful for my considerate parents for taking the girls away for the day so we could get our much needed R&R.  The heaving didn't stop for a while, but I was able to take my mind off the nausea and got some zzzz's.  


Not me, but that's sure how I felt. And I'm sure that's how I looked, too.

I'm still a bit icky feeling but nothing like it was earlier today.  Thank goodness it's over, but I think I'm off shellfish for a very long time now. 

Moral of the story:  Get your lazy butt to the grocery store when you run out of food!

No comments:

Post a Comment