Saturday, May 14, 2011

Sick, yet again

So i am sick again, for the 3rd time already this year.  Making me wonder if I should get myself checked out as I seem to catch viruses way too easily.

I woke up Thursday morning with an awful sore throat and some muscle ache, but I just figured I had a dry throat and I was sore from boxing class the night before.  So, I took Benna to school and went to my session with my trainer.  She worked me hard and I felt every muscle in my body ache afterwards.  Just common fatigue, I thought.

Well, later that afternoon, I had to meet with our builder and architect to source out tubs and faucets for our new house and I could really feel the fatigue sinking in.  Every minute that passed felt like an eternity and I just couldn't wait to get out of there.  Two hours later, we were finally done and I headed straight to my parents house to get some rest.

As soon as I entered I collapsed on their bed and fell asleep for the next two hours.  I felt no better when I woke so I knew I was sick with something.  

It's been 3 days now and I'm no better than the first day.  Went to see a doctor and he said I had a nasty virus and there was nothing he could prescribe me, oh and it should take 7-10 days to clear up.  Um, excuse me?  7-10 days??  I have my Anthro special event by invite only tonight and box seats to Game 1 tomorrow!!  How the heck am I supposed to get better by then?

Well, I guess I won't be.  I ended up cancelling tonight, after much reluctance.  But am happy that Marz is going in my place.  And I'm drugging myself silly tonight so I can go to the game tomorrow.  There is no way I am missing the only opportunity I will have to attend a playoff game, not to mention the 3rd series which the Canucks haven't been in since 17 years ago!  

Anyway, I'm done my rant for now.  Let's just say I'm a lot disappointed in my body for not being able to handle viruses very well.  Hmphf.

Off to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment