Monday, May 9, 2011

What I Did Today

My day started out pretty slowly with my little girl (let's call her Benna), watching TV while Mommy figures out what she will do today. I got out the Cheerios, milk and fruit and laid it on her little table as I switched the TV to Treehouse for some preschool cartoon fun!

I decided to cook. Other than breakfast, I decided to make Classic Split Pea with Ham soup (using my mom's ham bone from Easter dinner). I ran out of split pea so I supplemented the soup with italian dry lentils instead. And I ran out of fresh garlic so I used a few generous pinches of garlic powder. After a few hours of simmering and stewing, lunch was made! It turned out pretty good despite the few adjustments. I've made this recipe quite a few times now (everytime my mom decides to cook up her famous ham, she saves the bone for me) and I think I'd better put the recipe to rest as I don't want to get sick of it already. I think I've made pea soup 10 times in the last year. That's a lot of ham bones! I've asked my mom to keep it to Easter and Christmas only as it makes it more special this way. (Pics will be added later as my iphone just died for the night.)

Benna and I also made it out to the library and I picked myself up some travel books on Turks and Caicos (our family vacation this year, yay!) and Benna picked out a ton of books, but I cherry-picked which ones actually came home with us. I'm glad she likes the library as this will be my new rainy day activity for her. And from the looks of the weather forecast, we shall be visiting the library quite a few times this week!

We watched the Canucks beat the Predators out of Series 2 tonight, which I'm pretty happy about! Hubby won the weekly playoff ticket draw at the office for Game 7 of Series 2, but now that the Canucks have won, I am hoping that automatically wins us Game 1 of Series 3! We shall see, I guess. Don't want to get too excited.

Tomorrow is a school day for Benna. Hope she wakes up liking it tomorrow. It has been such a battle since we moved to North Vancouver and she started a new school. Quite understandable, of course. But still frustrating. I'm starting to run out of patience with the whining and the crying first thing in the morning. But I do feel for her, she takes so long to adjust to new things. Really long. I hope she grows out of that so life can be a little easier to handle for her.

As for me, I've got my first cardio workout since last Tuesday. I'm going to be regretting skipping last week's workouts for sure. I'm pretty certain boxing will kick my butt tomorrow, but it has to be done. I'm going to Turks and Caicos (see photo) in September and I have to look decent for our travel pics this year. I want to start posting them on Facebook and here, of course!

Anyway, that is my day for today. Oh, and I'm super excited about Anthropologie opening up this Friday on Granville Street. There was a contest of sorts, that I found a little too late on Facebook, asking people to say why they are excited about the Vancouver Anthro opening. The selected winner will receive an invite to the Grand Opening party that Friday night. I emailed past the closing date, but hopefully that will be overlooked. See my AnthroJunkie blog for an update on that later.

Ciao for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment