Tuesday, May 10, 2011

South Granville

Spent the afternoon strolling through South Granville today to get a glimpse of the newest retail addition to the already fashion-filled strip. Vancouver's first Anthropologie stores will be opening it's doors on Friday, May 13th and I wanted to snag a picture of it's store front so I can write about it on my Anthro blog (see post here).

On my way back to my car, I couldn't resist checking out Potter Barn Kids since I had Benna with me too. I am more of a fan of Restoration Hardware's kids stuff, but there were a few things that caught my eye there today. And Benna had a great time playing with their play kitchen and ice cream and cake sets. Too cute!

I wanted to take all sorts of cute, pink things home with me, like the Polka Dot Phone and the Princess magnetic doll set, but the prices were too ridiculously high for what they were were. I just bought a couple cute plastic plates and glasses and a sprinkling rubber ducky for bathtime that were all on sale. But I still managed to spend $30.

I thought I was done with shopping and was on my way back to my car when I turned the corner and saw Bedo calling my name. I was drawn into the store by a cute pair of cargo capri pants with gathered hem. So cute! They reminded me of a pair of Hei Hei pants I missed out on at Anthro a couple months ago. And I don't have a cute white pair to wear on cool summer evenings so I thought why not check them out.

Well, an hour or so later, I have a Bedo shopping bag filled with a beautiful army green rain coat (I actually do need one for this dreadful wet weather of late), a cute denim tunic that can be worn so many ways, plus those capri pants in army green. Yes, I already have 2 other pairs of army green pants from Anthro, but this one made my butt looked nice and small and any pants that can do that definitely belongs in my closet! They were so awesome that I have the white pair on hold, in my size, at the downtown location to be picked up tomorrow.





Oh, and last but not least, I also swung by the Canucks store at Roger's Arena and lucked out on getting my hands on a Women's Canuck jersey in the size small. They were sold out everywhere when I called this morning and just happened to swing by the store hoping for a T-shirt, when I saw a rack full of the size smalls. Apparently, a surprise shipment arrived that day and they literally just unpacked it for the shelves. What luck!


So, I guess today was a shopping day for me, unintentionally. But I guess that's why my sister calls me a shopaholic. Lovely things seems to just fling themselves at me when I'm out and about. Well, this purchase has put me out for the next couple of weeks and I can not take anything home with me on Anthro's opening day. Oh well. I hope I can do my hubby proud and keep the wallet shut on Friday. Will power don't fail me now!

Ciao for now. Me. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment